or call me 250 448 1911
Email me at email@example.com
‘The problem is... that you cannot selectively numb emotions... You can’t numb those hard feelings without numbing the other affects and emotions.... When we numb those, we numb joy, we numb gratitude, we numb happiness, and then we are miserable and we’re looking for purpose and meaning.’ Brene Brown
What to Expect
What does Individual Counselling involve?
Individual counselling helps make sense of various long-standing patterns of behaviour and thinking that you may not be aware of. It increases your awareness and understanding of where these come from, and how to tackle these unhelpful patterns, helping you to move towards valuable change. It will often explore the root of a problem, rather than focus only on the surface symptoms, as it is through understanding where behaviours and thought processes come from that they can be more effectively managed. It can also identify strongly held beliefs and embedded behaviours that are possibly impacting on the issue experienced.
What can I expect from Individual Counselling?
The individual client’s experience of individual counselling will vary depending on their unique requirements, but we will be examining the clients individual strengths to tailor therapy to their specific strengths, needs and situation. It is because of this that each counselling experience is as unique as every individual.
How can I get the most out of Individual Counselling?
- Think about your goals, and what you hope to get out of the counselling experience.
- Think about how the individual counselling relationship makes you feel, and do you feel a connection with your counsellor that enables you to be completely honest and open.
- Participate fully in the process because not only is that when you will get the most out of it, but also remember that this is a collaborative effort, we will be working together and you are the expert on you.
- Think about what your values are and what is most important to you.
- Learn how to recognise your emotions and how to express them honestly.
- Show yourself compassion during the process.
- Ask questions and be curious about the answers.